Alumaflex Reducing Energy Costs
Alumaflex Thermal insulation is specified to control three components of heat transmittance through the building fabric:
- Conduction of heat through building fabric.
- Convection via air movement.
- Radiant transmission.
Criteria for specifying Alumaflex thermal insulation.
- Performance in use and longevity – full product certification
- Buildability and the reassurance that on-site work will meet the required thermal design standards.
- Will the insulation have minimal impact on building design and capital cost.
Performance in use and longevity: BBA certification
- Alumaflex provides Stability and meets the expected effective life performance.
- All U-values are achieved in practice using Building Regulations / BRE guidance.
- Alumaflex has undergone stringent ageing tests carried out by the BBA which is the basis of calculations in the design performance.
- Alumaflex is not vulnerable to factors affecting performance including moisture and vermin attack.
Buildability – Consideration should be given to the following design issues when considering insulation materials:
- Detailing required to achieve thermal integrity, including avoidance of cold bridges, air-flow paths, opportunities for settlement or compression of fill and other movement during and after construction.
- Ease of working around complex details on site.
- Health and safety considerations for the installer.
- Ease of testing.
- Do the materials meet the necessary test criteria under the Building regulations.
- Requirements for vapour and radiant barriers to maintain performance.
- Ability to undertake additional work without significant disturbance to the insulation materials.
Alumaflex: Impact on building design
- The insulation material and effect on floors and external wall thickness are minimal.
- Multi-Foil Insulation provides the opportunity to incorporate the insulation into other aspects of building function; for example, creating thermal benefits in limited spaces eg. the use of a roof void as a habitable space.
- Alumaflex provides significant thermal benefit with a low level of capital cost.
Give Us A Ring Today
And Get Your