Cromar Lead Sealant from Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire
Cromar Lead Sealant is the perfect product to adhere soft metals such as lead and brass.
Cromar Lead Sealant is a low modulus, neutral cure sealant specifically designed to give exceptional adhesion to soft metals such as lead, brass etc. The product is specially formulated as an alternative to mortaring Lead Flashing and Sheet into Brick, Stone and Concrete.
- Excellent adhesion to metals - will not stain or corrode soft metals unlike most conventional sealants
- Low dirt pick up
- Excellent flexibility - +/- 50%.
- Excellent low and high (+150oC) temperature resistance.
- Solvent free - low shrinkage during vulcanisation.
- High resistance to plasticizer migration - may be used over water based and solvent based paints.
- Excellent external weathering properties.
- Extended shelf life - up to 12 months from date of manufacture.
Areas For Use
- As an alternative to mortaring in Lead flashing and sheet into brick, stone and concrete.
- Suitable as an expansion joint sealant.
- Weather sealing and joint sealing to pre-formed panels.
- Sealing soft metals such as lead, copper and zinc.
- Parapet and roof weather sealing applications.
The surfaces to be must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants.
Priming is generally not required, although we always advise testing small areas prior to use.
Come in and see us today and find out more on this great product