Damaged Paving Needs Repairing Says Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire
Another area which may require some maintenance work carrying out is paving. Paving is susceptible to degradation through plant attack, natural weathering, freeze-thaw attack and washout. The better weather of the summer months makes now the perfect time to carry out these necessary repairs before the winter weather hits and more damage occurs which could result in a very costly repair later on.
What items you will need for this repair job:
1. Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix
Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is the recommended product for this repair. Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is formulated to produce good quality mortar quickly and easily. Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is a 6:1 sand: cement mortar by volume and is factory produced to ensure the highest quality MORTAR.
Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is:
- Easy to use – just add water
- Saves time – quick and convenient
- Economic – less waste than some other methods
- Quality – guaranteed product quality
Typical repair method to re-bed paving:
- Prepare the area to the required depth.
- Remove any existing MORTAR material which will interfere with the surface level.
- Place the MORTAR mix to the required depth and rake level.
- Sprinkle with water using a fine hose until the MORTAR mix reaches the correct consistency. Avoid adding too much water as this will weaken the MORTAR mix and affect the setting time and durability.
- Rake level again.
- Place the paving slabs, ensuring they are level and flat.
Contact Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire today to order what you require to repair your paving.