Does Your Paving Need Repairing?
Then You Need Help From Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire
Paving will need repairing at some time because of plant attack, natural weathering, freeze-thaw attack and washout. Spring/ summer is the ideal time to carry out such maintenance work as the weather is better and the temperatures have risen.
Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is the product recommended for this type of repair. Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is formulated to produce good quality mortar quickly and easily. It is an ideal solution for a whole range of building, paving and repair jobs. Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is a 6:1, sand: cement mortar by volume and is factory produced to ensure the highest quality MORTAR.
Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is:
- Easy to use – just add water
- Saves time – quick and convenient
- Economic – less waste than some other methods
- Quality – guaranteed product quality
A typical repair method to re-bed the paving is to use Castle Readybag MORTAR as follows:
- Prepare the area to the required depth.
- Remove any existing MORTAR material which will interfere with the surface level.
- Place the MORTAR mix to the required depth and rake level.
- Sprinkle with water using a fine hose until the MORTAR mix reaches the correct consistency. Avoid adding too much water as this will weaken the MORTAR mix and affect the setting time and durability.
- Rake level again.
- Place the paving slabs, ensuring they are level and flat.
Come in and see us or give us a ring
to order the materials you need before even more damage occurs!