The next area that you need to check for repairs is your paving.
Paving is susceptible to degradation through plant attack, natural weathering, freeze-thaw attack and washout. The better weather of the summer months makes now the perfect time to carry out these necessary repairs. A typical repair method to re-bed the paving is to use Castle Readybag MORTAR as follows:
- Prepare the area to the required depth.
- Remove any existing MORTAR material which will interfere with the surface level.
- Place the MORTAR mix to the required depth and rake level.
- Sprinkle with water using a fine hose until the MORTAR mix reaches the correct consistency. Avoid adding too much water as this will weaken the MORTAR mix and affect the setting time and durability.
- Rake level again.
- Place the paving slabs, ensuring they are level and flat.
Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is the recommended product for this repair. Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is formulated to produce good quality mortar quickly and easily. Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is a 6:1 sand: cement mortar by volume and is factory produced to ensure the highest quality MORTAR.
Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is:
- Easy to use – just add water
- Saves time – quick and convenient
- Economic – less waste than some other methods
- Quality – guaranteed product quality
What items you will need for this repair job:
1. Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix
Contact Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire now to order what you require to repair your paving.