Get Your Multi Foil Insulation At Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire
To provide a quick snapshot, 85% of housing built before 1965 in the 15 core EU states have no thermal insulation and only about 50% of dwellings in these countries have any form of thermal insulation so there is plenty of scope for reducing emissions and energy consumption. In the UK current thermal transmittance targets are set out in the 2010 Building Regulations and they continue to drive down target U-Values in new- build and refurbishment.
Alumaflex Thermal insulation is specified to control three components of heat transmittance through the building fabric:
- Conduction of heat through building fabric.
- Convection via air movement.
- Radiant transmission.
Criteria for specifying Alumaflex thermal insulation.
- Performance in use and longevity – full product certification
- Buildability and the reassurance that on-site work will meet the required thermal design standards.
- Will the insulation have minimal impact on building design and capital cost.
Performance in use and longevity: BBA certification
- Alumaflex provides Stability and meets the expected effective life performance.
- All U-values are achieved in practice using Building Regulations / BRE guidance.
- Alumaflex has undergone stringent ageing tests carried out by the BBA which is the basis of calculations in the design performance.
- Alumaflex is not vulnerable to factors affecting performance including moisture and vermin attack.
Buildability – Consideration should be given to the following design issues when considering insulation materials:
- Detailing required to achieve thermal integrity, including avoidance of cold bridges, air-flow paths, opportunities for settlement or compression of fill and other movement during and after construction.
- Ease of working around complex details on site.
- Health and safety considerations for the installer.
- Ease of testing.
- Do the materials meet the necessary test criteria under the Building regulations.
- Requirements for vapour and radiant barriers to maintain performance.
- Ability to undertake additional work without significant disturbance to the insulation materials.
Alumaflex: Impact on building design
- The insulation material and effect on floors and external wall thickness are minimal.
- Multi-Foil Insulation provides the opportunity to incorporate the insulation into other aspects of building function; for example, creating thermal benefits in limited spaces eg. the use of a roof void as a habitable space.
- Alumaflex provides significant thermal benefit with a low level of capital cost.
Give Us A Ring
Get Your Alumaflex Today