Have You A Masonry Wall That Needs Repairing? Then Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire Can Help!
The mortar in a masonry wall can be damaged through freeze-thaw attack, natural weathering, chemical degradation and external bracket fixings. Now we are experiencing better weather this is the perfect time to carry out the necessary repairs to your masonry walls.
What you will need to repair masonry walls:
- Jointing Tool
- Castle Ready-to-use MORTAR Mix
- Pointing Trowel
- Ready to use Mortar Mix is the equivalent of 1:1:6 (cement: lime: sand by volume), ready to use blend provides a weather-resistant and durable mix suitable for most application.
It can also be used to bed in replacement bricks.
It is an ideal solution for a whole range of building, paving and repair jobs.
To repoint large and small areas of masonry:
- Remove existing mortar with a jointing tool to a depth of about 15- 20mm, so that the new mortar contacts enough brick area to form a good bond.
- Obtain a clean surface by brushing out the joints to remove loose mortar or sand.
- Dampen down bricks and mortar joints to control excessive suction.
- Apply the mortar firmly into the joint.
- Repoint the head joints first and the bed joints second. This allows unbroken horizontal strokes to form straight, even bed joints.
- Shape all vertical joints first.
- Finish with the horizontal pointing.
- Leave the mortar to harden then brush off debris cleanly from the face of the brickwork.
Give Us A Ring Today
And Order Your Materials For Your Next Weekend Project
Greengates Builders Merchants delivering to the whole of Lancashire including: Accrington, Blackburn, Burnley, Clitheroe, Darwen, Great Harwood, Haslingden, Padiham and Pendle.