OPTI-MIX 3 in 1 RENDER ADDITIVE Available From Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire
OPTI-MIX 3 in 1 RENDER ADDITIVE is a highly concentrated render additive which is 25 times the strength of conventional render additives.
OPTI-MIX 3 in 1RENDER ADDITIVE triple action formula acts as a waterproofer, air entraining plasticiser and open time extender which eliminates the need for separate waterproofing/plasticizing admixtures.
OPTI-MIX RENDER ADDITIVE forms extremely stable air bubbles in render mixes. This improves the workability of render giving it a “buttery” consistency and helps prevent shrinkage, cracking, crazing and mild frost damage during the curing process, as well as providing long term resistance to freeze/thaw cycles. It also contains pore blocking additives to reduce water absorption and reduces the chance of efflorescence (salt formation). OPTI-MIX RENDER ADDITIVE extends open time to enable large areas to be covered in one go. This product is fully tested to the requirements of EN934 Part 3 Table 2
- Concentrated formula 1ltr = 25ltrs of standard 3 in 1 Additives.
- Easy to use gauged bottle.
- Improves water resistance of mortars.
- Added plasticising agent improves workability
- Helps to reduce salt permeation.
- Prolongs open time of mortar mixes.
Areas For Use
- Pool and tank linings
- Concrete, mortars and screeds.
- External renders.
- External pointing.
- Structures below ground level.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage rate range and DO NOT overmix.
- Ensure container is always kept in a secure upright position during both storage and transit.
- Air entraining formulation – not intended for structural concrete.
- Selection of correct materials and mix design relative to the substrate and exposure levels are of paramount importance.
- Materials for External Render systems and application methods should be in line with BS5262 1991 ”Code of Practice for External Rendering” and BS8000 Part 10 1995 “Code of Practice for Plastering and Rendering”.
- Dispose of this product and packaging correctly. Do not allow to enter watercourses. Always read label before use and wear suitable protective equipment.
- It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt, please contact Technical Services Department for further advice.
Shake bottle well before use. Push the lid downwards and twist anti-clockwise to remove. Squeeze the sides of the bottle to fill the measuring cup to the required dose (20-40ml per 50kg of cement).
Add Optimix 3 in 1 to a bucket of water and stir/mix well (use up to a maximum 10ltrs of water). Dry mix all other ingredients and add sufficient quantities of water/Optimix 3 in 1 solution until the desired consistency is achieved. Never add this product directly to the dry mix, always let down into a portion of gauging water. Replace cap after use.