Paving Repair Methods From Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire
The next area of your home which might need some maintenance work is your paving.
Paving is susceptible to degradation through plant attack, natural weathering, freeze-thaw attack and washout. After the freezing temperatures we were subjected to over the winter months of 2009/2010 our paving may be in dire need of some maintenance work. Now that we are in spring and the weather is better and the temperatures have risen this is the perfect time to carry out these necessary repairs.
Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is the product recommended for this type of repair. Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is formulated to produce good quality mortar quickly and easily. It is an ideal solution for a whole range of building, paving and repair jobs. Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is a 6:1 sand: cement mortar by volume and is factory produced to ensure the highest quality MORTAR.
Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix is:
- Easy to use – just add water
- Saves time – quick and convenient
- Economic – less waste than some other methods
- Quality – guaranteed product quality
What you will need for this job:
1. Castle Readybag MORTAR General Purpose Mix
A typical repair method to re-bed the paving is to use Castle Readybag MORTAR as follows:
- Prepare the area to the required depth.
- Remove any existing MORTAR material which will interfere with the surface level.
- Place the MORTAR mix to the required depth and rake level.
- Sprinkle with water using a fine hose until the MORTAR mix reaches the correct consistency. Avoid adding too much water as this will weaken the MORTAR mix and affect the setting time and durability.
- Rake level again.
- Place the paving slabs, ensuring they are level and flat.
Contact Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire NOW to order what you require to repair your paving before even more damage occurs.