Preparation & Application Of Geo-Fix by Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire
Geo-Fix Paving Jointing Compound is a unique ready to use self curing jointing material for all types of paving having joints of 5mm and over. Geo-Fix Paving Jointing Compound is a quick and easy way of applying a permanent rigid joint with no special machinery or equipment required. Geo-Fix Paving Jointing Compound is suitable for natural stone, concrete, slate, clay, terracotta and granite and can be used in areas subject to light vehicular traffic. Geo-Fix Paving Jointing Compound can be used for; footpaths, outdoor patio areas, indoor stone floor areas, pedestrian areas and driveways.
Ensure that the paving to be jointed is dry and free from loose dirt, oil, debris and grease etc. it is essential the joint widths are a minimum of 5mm wide with a minimum depth of 25mm. deeper joints can be filled with dry sand or other materials to meet the required minimum depth.
- Lay paving onto the base in accordance with the paving manufactures instructions. Allow a minimum joint width of 5-6mm and a depth of at least 25mm.
- Carefully open the vacuum-packed bag and sprinkle Geo-Fix over the area to be joined. Work in small areas of approx 2-3 squared metres at a time. Once open the entire bag must be used within 1hr.
- Using a soft brush, push the Geo-Fix compound into the joints at a 45° angle.
- Firmly compact Geo-Fix with a pointing tool, refill and repeat ensuring a fully compacted and topped joint. Firm compaction is the key to the successful laying of Geo-Fix. Ensure Geo-Fix is finished slightly below the surface.
- After application, brush off excess with a soft brush, taking care not to brush out any Geo-Fix from the treated area. Geo-Fix will harden over a 2-3hr period.
Contact Greengates Builders Merchants, Lancashire to Hear More!