If you have spent money investing in stone paving then surely you will want to do everything possible to protect it from spills and dirt. Natural Stone Sealer is the perfect product for this job and we sell it here at Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire.
Natural Stone Sealer is a clear non hazardous solution that protects stone from staining from most liquids; hot cups, wine, coffee, tea, oil, soot, soil, foodstuffs etc. It is also an excellent repellent for chewing gum on most paving. Natural Stone Sealer can be used internally and externally on natural stone, masonry, cementicious substrates, grout, marble, terracotta, limestone, slate, brick and terrazzo, fireplace surrounds hearths, floor tiles, paving and worktops. Natural Stone Sealer will not discolour surfaces.
Benefits Of Natural Stone Sealer:
- Solvent free formulation – non-flammable, low odour.
- Can be used internally and externally.
- Protects from accidental spillages i.e. wine, tea coffee etc.
- Dramatically improves water and mar resistance - High degree of water repellency in dried film.
- Does not alter appearance of surface to which it is applied.
Areas For Use:
Natural Stone Sealer seals and protects; paths, patios, natural stone, concrete and block paving from the effects of the sunlight, water, oil, petrol and fungal/moss growth.
- Use only as directed. Store only in original container.
- Do not use on surfaces which have been treated with silicone or stearate based water seals unless the surface is weathered enough so as to show no water beading effects.
- Do not use if rain is imminent (within 6 hours at 20oC).
- Do not apply below 5oC (air or surface temp).
- As quality of natural stone can vary, always test a small inconspicuous area for compatibility/discolouration prior to full scale application. Do not use in applications where temperature exceeds 150`C as product will decompose above this temperature.
- Always follow manufacturer’s instructions carefully. As the company cannot be aware of all applications and materials its product may be used on, it is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use.
Ensure the surfaces to be treated are clean and free from any mould/fungal growth, waxes or coatings. Surfaces may be damp, but contain no standing water. Mask off surrounding areas to prevent contamination. Grouting must be allowed to dry for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application.
Do not apply to hot surfaces or in strong direct sunlight.
Always test a small area for compatibility prior to full scale application.
- Apply by brush or roller (from suitable container) or suitable low pressure spray, ensuring an even distribution.
- Work well into surface for maximum penetration. Do not leave surplus material on the surface. If necessary, wipe up excess with a cloth dampened with Stone Sealer approximately 30mins after application.
- Ensure an even and thorough coverage, especially on textured stone where “ponding” of the product must be avoided.
- Normally, only one coat is required, but for very porous stones, a second coat may be required, which must be applied approximately 30 minutes after the first coat (i.e. before first coat is fully dry).
Approximately 5-7hours for foot traffic depending on air temperature. Open to vehicular traffic 48-72 hours after application.
Do not apply below +5˚C or above +35°C.
Clean all tools etc with water before product dries.
5ºC - 35ºC
5-7hrs depending on conditions
1ltr will cover roughly 4-8m² per coat depending on nature of surface.
Contact Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire NOW to hear more about this fantastic product that will protect your investment!