Quinn Therm From Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire
- Suitable for new build and refurbishment projects
- Quinn Therm QR rigid insulation is well suited to use in warm roof constructions on new build or on refurbishment projects where the roof is to be stripped and re-covered
- QR is strong enough to span the rafters and to sustain loads transferred from the roof covering
- The low thermal conductivity of Quinn Therm QR insulation boards enables the required U-value to be achieved with a minimum thickness of insulation, which, in turn, reduces the loads applied to fixings
- The low emissivity facings increase the thermal resistance of the air space beneath the insulation, improving the overall thermal performance of the roof
Design and Installation
Insulating a pitched roof at rafter line - to create what is usually known as a warm roof - makes full use of the building volume by making the roof space available for occupation.
Having the insulation at rafter line allows building services to be located within the insulated volume.
When installing Quinn Therm QR above the rafters on warm pitched roofs consult BS 5534 Code of practice for slating and tiling (including shingles) - Annex B for guidance on calculation methods and fixings.
To minimise the risk of interstitial condensation the roof structure should be progressively more vapour open from inside to outside.
An AVCL between the insulation and the internal finish is essential.
The underlay should be vapour open (vapour resistance <0.25MNs/g) but water resistant, to protect against wind-driven rain and snow.
To limit heat loss and prevent problems such as condensation, mould growth and staining occurring at cold spots in the construction, insulation should be continuous at junctions between the roof and other elements, particularly the eaves and gable.
At eaves, wall insulation should be continued between the rafters until it butts the underside of the Quinn Therm QR boards. Where there is a cavity closer at the wall head the additional wall insulation may be fixed to the wall plate.
Gable walls should be insulated for their full height and the insulation extended to meet the underside of the Quinn Therm QR boards.
We Sell Lots Of Other Quinn Insulation
So give Us A Ring Today
There Will Be A Quinn Insulation Just Right For You
Greengates Builders Merchants delivering to the whole of Lancashire including: Accrington, Blackburn, Burnley, Clitheroe, Darwen, Great Harwood, Haslingden, Padiham and Pendle.