Roof N Gutter Sealant Available From Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire
Roof N Gutter Sealant is a bitumen based mastic providing an effective seal between all roofing materials.
- Incorporates polymer additives to improve adhesion.
- Can be applied in wet conditions, even under heavy rain.
- Semi-drying - remains permanently elastic beneath surface skin.
- High solids formulation - excellent gap filling properties without shrinkage.
- Excellent external weathering properties.
Areas for use:
- Fills and seals gaps/cracks in most roofing applications.
- Bonds to: concrete, roofing felt, lead, zinc, steel and masonry.
- For bedding tiles, slates and flashing into position.
- Joint sealing on gutters and down pipes.
- Sticking down loose roofing felt.
- Joint sealing between corrugated asbestos cement and iron sheeting etc.
Areas not for use:
- On glass.
- On uPVC.
The surfaces to be must be clean and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. New concrete or mortar should be allowed adequate time to dry and mature. May be applied to wet surfaces.
For lap joints, apply sufficient sealant to bridge the gap and press surfaces together while still tacky leaving a minimum 2mm sealant film.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45degrees, with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the gun trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down using a spatula or piece of wood wetted with linseed oil or white spirits. An improved joint appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint, removing within 5minutes of application.
When using as an adhesive, press surfaces together, pull apart and wait for approx. 10minutes until sealant becomes tacky, then press together and apply even pressure.
Clean tools in turps or white spirits.
Health & Safety
Flammable. Contains white spirits. Avoid all sources of ignition when using. Do not smoke. Wash the material from the skin while still wet. Material in contact with the eyes should be washed out immediately with water. Seek medical advice if discomfort persists. Avoid unnecessary skin contact. Remove with soap and water.
Give Us A Ring Today And Get Your Roof And Gutter Sealant