Stone Paving Deserves To Be Protected & Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire Can Help!
Stone paving is a beautiful asset to any garden. Therefore you should really make sure that you do everything possible to protect it from spills and dirt. Here at Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire we sell the perfect product for this very job; Natural Stone Sealer.
Natural Stone Sealer is a clear non hazardous solution that protects stone from staining from most liquids; hot cups, wine, coffee, tea, oil, soot, soil, foodstuffs etc. It is also an excellent repellent for chewing gum on most paving. Natural Stone Sealer can be used internally and externally on natural stone, masonry, cementicious substrates, grout, marble, terracotta, limestone, slate, brick and terrazzo, fireplace surrounds hearths, floor tiles, paving and worktops. Natural Stone Sealer will not discolour surfaces.
There are several benefits of using Natural Stone Sealer:
- Solvent free formulation – non-flammable, low odour.
- Can be used internally and externally.
- Protects from accidental spillages i.e. wine, tea coffee etc.
- Dramatically improves water and mar resistance - High degree of water repellency in dried film.
- Does not alter appearance of surface to which it is applied.
Ensure the surfaces to be treated are clean and free from any mould/fungal growth, waxes or coatings. Surfaces may be damp, but contain no standing water. Mask off surrounding areas to prevent contamination. Grouting must be allowed to dry for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application.
Do not apply to hot surfaces or in strong direct sunlight.
Always test a small area for compatibility prior to full scale application.
- Apply by brush or roller (from suitable container) or suitable low pressure spray, ensuring an even distribution.
- Work well into surface for maximum penetration. Do not leave surplus material on the surface. If necessary, wipe up excess with a cloth dampened with Stone Sealer approximately 30mins after application.
- Ensure an even and thorough coverage, especially on textured stone where “ponding” of the product must be avoided.
- Normally, only one coat is required, but for very porous stones, a second coat may be required, which must be applied approximately 30 minutes after the first coat (i.e. before first coat is fully dry).
Approximately 5-7hours for foot traffic depending on air temperature. Open to vehicular traffic 48-72 hours after application.
Do not apply below +5˚C or above +35°C.
Clean all tools etc with water before product dries.
5ºC - 35ºC
5-7hrs depending on conditions
1ltr will cover roughly 4-8m² per coat depending on nature of surface.
Contact Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire NOW to hear more about this fantastic product that will protect your investment!