Struggling To Mend Your Garden Fence Then Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire Is Here To Help!
Do you know how to repair your broken fence?
If not don’t worry Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire is here to help!
As a result of rot, wind damage and ground movement fence posts might need replacing. For a robust job, use rapid setting cement such as Castle Fast Set Readybag Post Mate which is formulated to produce good quality post hole concrete for setting all types of posts including treated wood posts or supports, treated metal posts or supports, concrete and plastic posts.
Castle Fast Set Readybag Post Mate is:
- Easy to use – just add water
- Saves time – quick and convenient
- Economic – less waste than some other methods
Follow these instructions to repair your fence;
- Dig a hole approximately one spade square, one and a half spades deep (10ins x 10ins x 14ins or 250mm x 250mm x 350mm).
- Position the post vertically in the hole and pour half the contents of the bag into the hole around the post. DO NOT MIX.
- Use a watering can to pour approximately 2 litres of water onto the base of the post, at the level of the Post Mate.
- After 2 minutes, check the vertical position of the post by using a spirit level on the front and side faces. Adjust the position of post as necessary.
- Pour the rest of the Post Mate into the hole, followed by a further 2 litres of water which should be directed onto the post at ground level.
- Allow the Post Mate to harden prior to carrying out further work.
Multi fence post panels:
- Dig a hole for post and follow the first 4 stages above.
- Measure position of subsequent holes and dig out.
- Fix panels and posts adjusting verticals as necessary.
- Apply the first 4 stages above as you go along.
- Apply the fifth stage to all posts.
Large fence posts:
- For posts over 7 foot (2100mm) simply increase the hole depth and add rubble/ broken bricks around the base of the post.
- Follow all the stages shown above for the single post, as one bag can be used for any size post.
Items you need for this job:
1. Castle Fast Set Readybag Post Mate
2. Watering can or hose
3. Spirit level
NOW To GetThe Products You Require!