Superquilt YBS Multi-Foil Insulation Available From Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire
Today we are looking at SuperQuilt YBS Multi-foil insulation: what it is like, how it works, what benefits it has to offer and general fixing instructions.
What is SuperQuilt?
Superquilt is a very flexible, easy to fit, multilayer insulation that offers tremendous thermal benefits. Hot box testing confirms high thermal resistance of 2.51M2K/W for
SuperQuilt accompanied by a 25mm air cavity either side of the materialSuperQuilt is a multi-layer Insulation blanket for use in pitched roofs. SuperQuilt offers massive thermal insulation in a thin, flexible, multi-layer membrane.
How does SuperQuilt Work?
SuperQuilt works most effectively by reflecting infra-red radiation. This means that not only is SuperQuilt effective in winter by reflecting heat back into the building and cold out, but also in summer SuperQuilt is a very effective solar over heating barrier reducing the need for artificial cooling systems, preventing uncomfortable heat build up in the roof.
Due to the special composition of mulit-layers of insulation SuperQuilt effectively deals with all forms of energy transfer (i.e. conduction, convection and radiation).
The introduction of a unique method of stitching reduces cold bridging commonly seen with other multi-foil insulation material.
Benefits of SuperQuilt:
- Fast and simple installation
- Ideal for loft conversions
- Keeps your house warmer in winter
- Keeps your house cooler in summer
- Lightweight, thin and flexible
- Effective solar over heating barrier
- Highest performing multi-foil on the market
- Fully certified
General Fixing Instructions
- SuperQuilt is designed to overlap each layer of insulation by 75mm and continually seal along the joints with YBS Foil Tape.
- SuperQuilt is at the most effective with a 25mm minimum air gap on either side. Using battens can create this gap. This will give you the maximum insulation benefit.
- No special equipment is needed to install SuperQuilt.
- SuperQuilt can be cut with a craft knife or a sharp pair of scissors.
- SuperQuilt can easily be fixed with staples at regular intervals (minimum staple depth is 14mm).
Here at Greengates Builders Merchants, Lancashire we stock SuperQuilt in 10mtr x 1.5mtr packs/rolls
Come And See Us Today And Get your SuperQuilt!