Technoseal Damp Proof Paint
WYKAMOL DAMP SOLUTIONS: TECHNOSEAL DAMP PROOF PAINT
- Floors: Under/above screeds to provide a damp proof membrane.
- Basements: As part of a waterproofing system beneath ground level.
- Walls: Can be used under render or plaster as a water barrier or vapour barrier.
- Tiling: As secondary protection under tiles in wet areas e.g. bathrooms, food processing areas, balconies, etc.
- Water Storage: The membranes perform well in Wykamol tests even when continuously immersed in water.
- Silage Storage: The membrane protects concrete from silage attack.
The background surface should be smooth or have a light even texture. Any masonry should be flush pointed and defects in existing surfaces made good.
The surface needs to be clean, sound and free of dust, loose material or surface water.
The membrane should not be applied in wet conditions or where these conditions are likely to occur before the membrane has dried.
The membrane should not be applied when the temperature of the background, or the air temperature, is below 7°C.
It is sometimes advantageous to pre-wet concrete or masonry backgrounds so that these are damp but free from any water glistening on the surface, to aid the wetting out of the background.
Because of the wide variety of background types and site conditions it is always advisable to check adhesion to the background by testing on a sample area before starting any job.
The membrane may be applied by brush, roller or airless spray.
If necessary the compound can be diluted with up to 10% water. However, care should be taken to ensure that the correct dry coat thickness is applied. The thickness of the dried membrane per coat depends on the method of application.
For a single dry coat thickness of more than 0.3mm it is recommended that the membrane be applied by airless spray. If airless spray is used, single dry coat thicknesses of up to 1mm
can be obtained. (Note: A single coat of 0.6mm dry thickness or more will require a greater drying time than for an equivalent multicoat application.)
- Single pack system
- Water based compounds that can be applied even to damp backgrounds
- Non-toxic, non hazardous, solvent and plasticizer free
- Good bond to many substrates
- Toughness, high flexibility, extensibility and good crack bridging properties
- Low water vapour permeability
- Alkali resistant, can be applied to alkaline surfaces
- Resistant to silage acids
- Non staining and stain blocking
- Available in a range of colours
- Quick drying. Typically touch dry in 1 hour
Available in white or black. The colour of the liquid compound will differ slightly from the colour of the dried membrane. The colour shade may vary batch to batch. The membrane dries to
a tough semi-gloss finish.
A minimum dried coat thickness of 0.6mm is needed to provide a vapour
barrier. This should be applied in a minimum of two coats. For the final dried membrane thickness of 0.6mm a coverage rate of 1.20kg/m² is required (this is the total for all coats). This corresponds to approx 1 litre/m².
In a sealed container between +5°c and + 35°c and protected from frost and direct sun light.
Come and see us today and find out more on the fantastic product.