Wall Ties at your Local Builders Merchant
Wall ties are designed to provide total structural support where a building needs it most. Greengate's, your local builders merchant, offer access to a comprehensive collection of Bluebird wall ties and starters and, when you purchase from us, you can be sure that you'll be getting the finest quality at the most competitive price.
Due to its versatility, ease of use and cost-effectiveness, one of the most popular options is the Small Bluebird Tie. Manufactured from either galvanised steel or stainless steel according to the strictest British Standards, the ties are quickly and easily installed using an ordinary 8mm masonry drill.
Widely recognised as the fastest wall tie system available on the market, the kit provides exceptional lateral stability when used on brick, stone or block interior or exterior walls.
No waste or jointing ensures both environmental protection and cost-effectiveness, while a compact size means ease of storage and transportation. The product also carries B.B.A approval for structures of up to 8m in height. Here are some handy tips to help you with installation:
- Fit a robust damp-proof course (DPC) where this is applicable
- Make sure that the walls do not have major structural defects such as cracking
- Drill pilot holes at every course with block walls and at each third course with brick
- Fully insert the plug with the stainless steel or galvanised steel wall screw tie before bending flat onto the new brickwork
- Continue laying blocks, brick or stone in the normal manner
Bluebird Small Ties are available in an economical pack of 100 ties at the most competitive market price from Greengate's local builders merchant. To find out more about the many benefits associated with using this industry-leading product, simply get in touch with our skilled technical team.