Benefits of Fencing: Our Top 5...
Here at Greengate's, your local builder's merchant, we can supply you with an extensive range of premium-quality landscaping products, which allow you to create the garden of your dreams. The comprehensive collection of products includes a selection of fencing components, including timber and concrete panels, posts and related accessories.
A good garden fence brings a host of benefits with it. This edition of our blog looks at the top five...
- Be Safe, Be Secure. A fence presents a barrier that is both physical and psychological, acting as a strong deterrent to any potential trespasser or intruder and thus dramatically improving home security. The reverse is also true: in addition to keeping unwanted people out, a fence also acts to keep children and pets inside the garden, improving their safety and your peace of mind.
- Draw the Line. Boundaries between properties are often hotly disputed and this problem is aggravated by a lack of a visible marker; a fence plays this role admirably and cannot be misunderstood. Trespass of either intentional or accidental nature is completely prevented.
- Preserve Privacy. Though outdoors, our garden is a natural extension of our home and should therefore be private places in which we can freely relax and enjoy ourselves. A good fence goes a long way towards delivering that much-needed privacy. It is also an ideal natural line along which to plant trees or bushes that can further enhance the level of privacy.
- Attractive Aesthetics. Though most benefits of garden fences are practical, the improvement to aesthetic value should not be underestimated. Adding visual structure and style, a good fence can really enhance the aesthetic appeal of a property, which in turn adds financial value.
- Whack those Weeds! Everyone wants to keep weeds out of their garden but your efforts can be thwarted by less vigilant neighbours. A fence helps to prevent the transfer of weeds from garden to garden. If a damaged fence has meant that your garden has become infested by weeds from neighbouring gardens, the best way to treat it is with super-effective Weedol, which is also available at the most competitive price from Greengate's, your local builders merchant.