Hanson Bricks The Sustainable Choice available from Greengates Builders Merchants Accrington, Lancashire.
Bricks are an inherently sustainable building material. They have a lifespan in excess of 150 years, require little to no maintenance, and can be recycled at the end of their use. They also contribute to thermal mass, resulting in buildings which need less energy for heating and cooling.
Hanson is the first brick manufacturer to achieve BES 6001 Responsible Sourcing of Materials (RSM) certification for all products from it’s UK brick production sites. This means that whatever brick you choose from Hanson, it is BES 6001 certified.
Hanson also offers the Ecostock brick range. This range is manufactured at their state of the art brick factory and combines locally sourced raw materials with low energy and low waste processes to make stock bricks with the lowest embodied CO2 available.
Hanson Brick Sustainability
- All bricks are certified as “very good” under BES 6001 – responsible sourcing of materials.
- All bricks are manufactured in accordance with ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System.
- A significant number of Hanson Bricks contain recycled content.
- Locally sourced raw materials.
- Strict waste minimisation schemes.
So if you want a sustainable brick Hanson bricks are the right choice for you so come to our Whalley Road Yard and see our display of bricks and find the right texture and colour for your job. Speak to one of our staff for help and advice.